Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week without coffee

I am a clinical social worker, and my job is working as a therapist.  I sit with people all day, in 50 minute increments.  Its important that I pay attention to my food and beverage intake- avoiding unnecessary blood sugar plunges or emergency bathroom runs is key.  I need to be able to sit calmly and be present with anything that comes up.

Sadly, coffee isn't helpful.  I get pretty riled up when I drink it and have a hard time sitting still.  So I try to only drink coffee on weekends, and if I have it then I try to have decaf.  I've been experimenting with teas and finding some delicious ones.

This morning I enjoyed a double bergamot earl gray with almond milk, in my Guinness mug!  Also, the tea was on super sale at the drug store yesterday.  Classy, I know, but we're doing some serious penny pinching these days.  Bartells has some sweet deals, people.

Warm tea to start off the day.
For those of you who wonder about drinking hot tea in August, let me show you the forecast for Seattle today:

We'll have tea drinking weather for a while.

Happy Hump Day, er, Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment